Chief and Council Meeting on Thurs. July 2, 10 am – 12 pm
June 28, 2020 Letter to Nation Trustees Re: Program Access
Je aa haanch’e! Together, we are facing a truly unprecedented situation dealing with the global coronavirus pandemic. These times of uncertainty can be very stressful for everyone and we hope you are doing well.
We’ve decided to close our office temporarily for safety concerns. Many of our employees have already been working remotely due to COVID 19 and travel restrictions. This shift has been relatively smooth, and we will continue to deliver the highest levels of service to the community.
During this time, we’re asking our teams to work through digital channels as much as possible. We have been working diligently behind the scenes on several new initiatives that we plan to communicate and update regularly. This is the beginning of an ongoing dialogue and conversation with members as we work on our goals and objectives outlined in the Comprehensive Community Plan (CPP).
Some of these new initiatives that we are currently working on include:
1. A new interactive web portal – including an easy Trust program application process that we plan to launch in Sept.
2. We’re planning regularly scheduled council meetings with public minutes.
3. Paving Project is underway.
4. School Initiatives – we’re working towards having high school accreditation at our school, we’ve also invested in technology and recently added new smart boards.
5. Community Shuttle – our new bus is on the way from Vancouver. This fall we plan to provide community transport to and from Fort Nelson.
6. The Lands Dept. is working on a new land management web tool, iPads for field recording and archival tools for digitizing historical materials.
7.More Community Engagement Programs to follow!
There are a number of ways to stay in touch with us:
Check our website for updates. Our new temporary website is set up here at prophetriverfirstnation.com
• Subscribe to updates online
• Fill-out a contact form to ask questions or raise concerns
• We will plan to have printed newsletters available at the office at the beginning of every month as soon as we re-open.
• Offsite newsletters will be either mailed or emailed.
• Or call us at (250) 773-6555
We hope you have a wonderful summer and look forward to hearing from you and seeing you soon! We’re very optimistic about our future as a community and we need to continue to work together. We will continue to share news and updates on a regular basis.
Thank you for your continued support.
Wuujo aasana laa,
Councillors Beverly Stager & Jacqueline Reno
TALK TO US
Your Voice Matters and we want to hear from you. We’re here to help. It is our utmost priority that the community has a full understanding of our new programs and a clear picture of what to expect moving forward.
We will continue to keep you updated on future plans and programs and we want to hear from you!
How to reach us
Call us or use this online form at 250-773-6555