We encourage all members to take extra precautions as a black bear has been identified in our community and although we have contacted the conservation authorities, it has still not been contained. We encourage all members to be careful and be Bear Aware! Follow these tips to stay safe:
- When hiking, biking, or walking be sure to make noise to reduce the chances of surprising a bear.
- When possible, travel in groups of 3 or more.
- Keep small children close by, and pets leashed.
- Keep garbage out of sight and well covered.
- If you spot a bear do not approach it and make a wide detour around the area, or head in the opposite direction. Do not run, but slowly back away until out of sight.