Registration is now open for the Environmental Monitoring technician being offered through Natural Resource Training Group (NRTG), running Feb 7 – March 18, 2022, and is open to Indigenous individuals living in Northern B.C.
This training includes online learning with student-led field activities.
Students will learn:
- Environmental Field Skills (EFS) Certificate program
- Electrofishing Certification field session, in person date to be determined)
- Wildlife Survey Field Methods
- Fish Habitat Assessment & Fish Habitat Restoration – Instream Techniques
- Working in and about Water: Legislation
- Avian Nest Sweeps and Monitoring Methods
- Amphibian Salvage Methods
- Technical Writing for Professionals
Location: Online. Learn from home while doing the student-led field activities.
Cost: This training is free. All equipment will be sent directly to you for you to keep. Stipend is also available.
Students are encouraged to apply early. Applications will be reviewed as they come in, there are a limited number of seats, and the program is expected to fill quickly.
To apply, please contact Kate Hewitt: firstname.lastname@example.org