The Health Administrative Assistant provides administrative support, including reception duties for the Health and Wellness Department, and ensures the Health Centre is a welcoming environment. This position also facilitates the administrative processes required to assist community members with their medical needs under the direction of the Director of Health and Wellness. This position will respect and protect the rights of clients, including but not limited to their right to independence, autonomy, and self-determination; their right to choose and practice individual values, beliefs, religion, and culture; their right to privacy and dignity.
- Attention to Detail
- Client/Customer Focus
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Time Management
Learns and performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Prophet River First Nation policies, standards, practices and procedures, as directed by the Director of Health and Wellness.
All employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner that respects and promotes the cultural values of Prophet River First Nation.
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Health & Wellness, including but not limited to advertising and promotion of community events
- Maintains office equipment in the Health Centre. Ensures copier is loaded with paper and toner is changed as required
- Maintains the Health Centre calendar, including staff and management meetings and special events
- Books rooms and assists with preparation for meetings and events
- Assists with basic technical needs and refers to IT service provider as required
- Maintains various electronic and paper filing systems for the Health Centre
Front Desk Reception
- Answers incoming calls, provides information, responds to basic inquiries, directs callers and takes messages as required
- Maintains awareness of various activities taking place in the Health Centre and Administration building
- Greets visitors, clients and community members and ensures their comfort
- Ensures that the reception and Elders area is tidy and welcoming
- Distributes faxes and emails that come into the general mailbox
- Organizes outgoing couriers and mail
- Distributes mail
Other General Duties
- All employees are expected to respect the confidentiality of all information pertaining to PRFN, and not disclose it to anyone who does not have a legitimate/official need for it. If you have any questions about the confidentiality of information entrusted to you or to which you have access, please discuss with your supervisor. Please note that your obligations of confidentiality will continue indefinitely, including after separation of employment.
- All employees are expected to display and promote a genuine respect for Prophet River First Nation culture and protocols.
Other related duties as assigned.
Prophet River First Nation offers competitive salary packages, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and a minimum of two (2) references either by email or drop off
Director of Health & Wellness
Prophet River First Nation
Deadline to Apply – Open until filled.
Preference is given to members of Prophet River First Nation