What you will do:
- Create and develop a culture and language learning app.
- Assist in managing and executing our digital and social media strategy; you will assist in creating social media to communicate with our members. Share culture and language content from our community.
- Create content; You will create an app pertaining to our culture and language. You will support our content marketing strategy by curating and editing relevant content for various channels and drafting blogs, news releases and announcements, and content for our newsletter about the education department. You will help modify existing content into smaller snippets and repurpose it across channels including our website.
- Support member communications; you will ensure our members are always in the loop with organizational news and announcements about the education department. You will be the one ensuring information is updated across our various network member communication platforms; newsletters, announcements, apps. Additionally, you will work with our staff to support their communications, presentations and resources in the Education Department.
- Work with community members to ensure the culture and language is available via the app and easily accessible.
Who you are:
- Culturally aware, socially savvy, digital communicator; you have digital communication experience, particularly with social media. You understand how to create social media content.
- Highly organized; you are able to manage a lot of content, across multiple platforms. You’re a forward-thinker and a planner whose high level of organization helps you achieve your goals.
- Team-player; You are able to work collaboratively with other teams to help them achieve their goals. You love supporting others in their work, and can positively use your knowledge and talents in communications to elevate the work of other teams.
- Confident and creative; you’re able to bring new ideas forward and share your thinking.
- A good writer with an eye for visual layout and graphic design; you’re able to write effectively for multiple platforms. Video and photography skills are an asset.
Deadline to Apply – Until the position is filled.