Website Petronas Canada
As one of the largest natural gas resource owners in the country, PETRONAS Canada is focused on responsibly producing the cleaner burning fuel for decades to come. It is a company that values its relationships and partnerships with First Nations and all stakeholders, and is committed to being a welcome neighbour in the communities where it operates.
Location: Fort St. John
We are PETRONAS Canada, one of Canada’s largest natural gas resource owners. As part of PETRONAS, a Fortune 500® company, we produce and deliver energy solutions in a responsible and sustainable manner. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, partnerships with First Nations and our respect for the environment.
People are fundamental to our success. We foster a culture that depends on trust, honesty and empowerment. Because of this, our people are able to collaborate, innovate, find opportunities and make them happen.
With our ambitious growth plans, we are looking for new team members who are up to the challenge of making PETRONAS Canada a global leader in unconventional energy, all while making an impact in the industry and communities in which we work.
PETRONAS Canada is a great place to launch a career enriched with knowledge, technical skills and mentorship. Our summer student program provides an opportunity to experience real-world challenges, collaborate with diverse teams, network with other students and create a vision for your future career path.
Working with our Health, Safety and Environment team in Fort St. John, this will be a full-time student position from May to September 2023. This position is a shift and camp-based approximately 1.5 hours north of our Fort St. John, BC office. During your summer, you will gain exposure to the energy industry by attending sessions hosted by subject matter experts. You will have an opportunity to showcase your learnings with your student network. We are looking for capable, energetic, and driven individuals to join us in our passion for progress. Expand your potential with us!
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
- Support operations in day to day activities while applying knowledge, skill and expertise with processes and programs
- Support planning and execution for turnarounds and shutdowns throughout operations as well as some involvement with Facilities and Drilling, Completions and Construction (DCC)
- Apply health, safety and environmental knowledge and skills to support the operations groups
- Participate in various projects as needed
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Actively enrolled in an undergraduate degree or diploma program at a post-secondary institution in Canada, and must be returning to studies after the work term
- Enrolled in a relevant post-secondary degree
- A mechanical aptitude is considered an asset
- The ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships with your team, peers, and diverse business groups
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time and data management skills, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (or equivalent) with a clean driver’s abstract
- As this is a Safety Sensitive Position, must be able to pass pre-employment checks and preaccess drug & alcohol screening
Job postings are typically only open for applications for two weeks so please submit your resume today.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Flexible arrangement options including working from home and a compressed work week with Friday afternoons off (office-based roles)
- Dress for your day – in a casual yet professional environment
- Ability to contribute to a dynamic organization with large growth ambitions
- Competitive compensation and bonus programs
- Top tier benefits package, including a generous Health Spending Account and Savings Plan
- Making a positive difference in our communities through volunteerism, community support and providing opportunities to those in the areas where we operate
- Annual employee-directed charity donation program
- Support for training and professional development
PETRONAS Canada would like to thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team; however, only the candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.