Junior Environmental Technicians or Members interested in Environmental Monitoring
Fort St John & Chetwynd, BC
DWB Consulting Services Ltd. (DWB) is a consulting firm offering clients environmental, engineering, and forestry services to the forest, mining oil & gas and transportation sectors. DWB partnered with West Moberly First Nations in the West Moberly DWB Limited Partnership (2020) providing services in northeastern BC and contributing to the community.
At DWB we employ professional and technical staff with a wide range of experience. We are seeking applications for Junior Environmental Technicians, or Prophet River First Nations Community members who are interested in an Environmental Training & Mentoring role.
WHAT is the JOB ABOUT: Environmental technicians and monitors are involved in making observations, collecting samples and field information for DWB to help Clients conform to Environmental Management Plans, that meet relevant regulatory & permit conditions for their authorized activities, for example, a construction or a reclamation project. Technicians and monitors usually work in small teams.
We are looking for candidates that have the following:
• Interest & commitment: tell us in a few paragraphs including work in the community, paid, or unpaid volunteer work, or with industry, and
• Education (preferred): Grade 12 or GED required; Environmental Monitoring certificate, Environmental technical diploma or degree, and other relevant environmental related certificates.
• Relevant environmental-related project experience (e.g., construction monitoring, field assessments for fish/wildlife/wetland/vegetation/forest/soils; erosion & sediment control, seed collection/planting of native plants for land reclamation) are assets, including experienced traditional knowledge, and working & living outdoors.
• Safety conscious behaviours & desirable safety tickets: First Aid Level 1, ATV/UTV/Snowmobile, H2S, Ground Disturbance, Wildlife Awareness, Defensive driving, Class 5 Driver’s license, Drug & Alcohol test, and comfort working around equipment
• Skills & Knowledge: working with field equipment (GPS, data tablet, handheld radio) and computers and internet research
• Special Assets: technical report writing, organization skills, effective relationship building and/or leadership skills, and liaising with clients and regulators
WORKING CONDITIONS may require longer hours in a physically demanding environment, often with limited supervision. The candidate must also be comfortable with field work in remote locations and/or travel between offices.
This position is full time and available immediately. Salary to be commensurate with experience and industry standards. DWB provides a benefits package and other incentives for employees, including: annual bonus, professional development, and other company sponsored events.
For more information on DWB Consulting, visit our web site at www.dwbconsulting.ca.
Please submit your resume to Jeff Beale at email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. DWB would like to thank you in advance for submitting a resume, however only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.