Role and Responsibilities
- The role of this position is to act as a “bridge” between the NR agencies and the PRFN. The Liaison will work to strengthen communication between NR agencies and the PRFN and participate in collaborative environmental oversight.
- Working with community members, community administration, and the Chief and PRFN Council, the Liaison will help recognize the needs of the community in regard to communication enhancement between NR agencies and the PRFN.
- The Liaison will participate with NR agency staff in field inspections, monitoring assignments, job shadowing, the complaint review process, training and other activities relating to regulatory oversight of natural resource development.
- The Liaison will be a key contact for compliance and enforcement concerns brought forward by members of the PRFN community:
- The Liaison will act as the key person to initiate concerns through the NR agency complaint process.
- The Liaison will help arrange a visit with compliance and enforcement staff as required and collect the information requested by the community, such as photographs and notes of the surrounding terrain conditions and nearest watercourses.
- The Liaison will manage and organize all PRFN compliance and enforcement concerns and provide updates to the community through Council meetings, Band meetings and/or other mediums.
- ALP Activities
- Joint inspection with Agency
- Joint inspection with industry
- Independent monitoring
- Reporting-quarterly and annual reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with respective community
- Willingness and ability to effectively work in and adapt to change
- Takes the initiative to identify new challenges or opportunities
- Ability to identify priority activities and remain focused on the highest priorities
- Uses critical thinking skills to solve problems and achieve effective solutions
- Experience in word processing and other computer applications, such as spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture, values, and rights
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.