Sikanni River Ranch is getting ready for another busy 2023 season. Prophet River Members are encouraged and permitted to make arrangements with the Ranch Manager to book a time to use and experience the ranch! Please see the PRFN Sikanni River Ranch Use Policy below.
This policy is to clarify the use of the Sikanni River Ranch facilities by PRFN Members.
The ‘Board Charter for Business Governance’ identifies the Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles, and Accountability among other items to permit the Ranch to operate as a profitable business as well as ensure band members can access the facilities.
Within the Guiding Principles, it was determined that the Board will employ a Triple Bottom Line approach:
- profitable growth;
- benefits to the PRFN;
- environmental & safety best practices;
- respect for PRFN culture.
With this in mind, PRFN Members are encouraged and permitted to make arrangements with the Ranch Manager to book a time to use and experience the facilities in accordance with this policy.
I. Notification for Day Access to Ranch Properties
PRFN Members who would like to visit the Ranch property for the day (no overnight stay) must notify the Ranch Manager at least 24 hours in advance of their arrival and must provide a reason for their visit. If possible based on the operational requirements of SRO, the Ranch Manager will grant permission and arrange for an employee to meet the Member at the gate.
PRFN Members must not access the SRO property unless they notify the Ranch Manager in accordance with this policy and have made arrangements to be transported by an SRO employee from the gate to the Ranch property.
II. Application for Use of Ranch Facilities
PRFN Members who would like to stay at the Ranch must provide the Ranch Manager with an application as far in advance as possible and no later than 14 days prior to the date they would like to arrive at the Ranch.
The application must be in writing (email is also accepted) and must include the following information:
- Requested dates (and whether dates are flexible)
- Number and names of PRFN Members and non-Member guests (including children and pets if applicable)
In submitting an application, Members and non-Members are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of any personal information for the purposes of determining eligibility under this policy.
The Ranch Manager may approve an application, at their discretion, based upon the following criteria:
- Guest occupancy
- Availability of staff and resources
- Number of applications received (first come first served)
- Any other operational requirements
III. Rates for Stays at Ranch
A nominal rate will be charged for each PRFN Member. Non-Members are only allowed if they are accompanied by PRFN Members and the rate will be the standard rate at the time.
- Members = $50/ day (does not include food)
- Non- Members = $200/ day (does include food)
* Rates include the following to cover the operating costs (fuel, generator, propane, firewood, cleaning, etc)
** Rates do not cover bedding – Members and Non-Member guests are required to bring their own bedding
*** Member rates do not cover food – Members are required to bring their own food
**** Rates are subject to change without notice.
***** A $300 booking deposit is required at the time of booking. This deposit will be applied to the total cost of a Member or
Non-Member’s stay with the remainder (if any) returned at the time of checkout. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, the $300 booking deposit will not be returned if a Member or Non-Member does not show up on the date of their booking.
Each PRFN Member and non-Member guest(s) are to abide by any and all Ranch policies and the Ranch Managers’ rules and direction. Failure to do so may result in immediate eviction from the Ranch and future ineligibility to use the Ranch facilities and property. All PRFN Members and non-Member guests must sign a waiver prior to arriving at the Ranch and must pay any amounts owing prior to departing the Ranch.
Please note that the following rules apply to anyone who is allowed to stay at the Ranch under this Policy:
- All dogs must be kept on a leash within the bounds of the ranch or in a kennel when they’re inside the Ranch lodges. No dogs are allowed to run loose inside the Ranch lodges. Guests may be asked to leave if this is not followed.
- Any damage to the Ranch property from a Member’s or non-Member’s dog will be charged to the guest.
- The Ranch Road Use Policy is in effect from the gate into the ranch. No personal vehicles can be driven past the gate.
Guests must contact the Ranch Manager for full details and transportation instructions the day before arrival, or sooner.
If PRFN Members have complaints under this policy they’re to direct them:
- 1st – to the Ranch Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2nd – to the Board of Directors
A decision of the Board of Directors in response to a complaint is final and binding.