Prophet River First Nation strives to be a self-reliant culturally connected First Nation with proud, responsible, independent members; a clear, viable and environmentally responsible economic future for our citizens; and a healthy happy, drug and alcohol-free community that thrives on mutual respect, integrity, honesty and traditional cultural values.
Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for PRFN members, visitors to Prophet River First Nation, and all others contacting our offices either in-person or by telephone or fax. This position provides backup reception and general administrative support.
- Answers incoming calls, provides information, responds to basic inquiries, directs callers and takes messages as required, and updates the general calendar of activities.
- Greets visitors, clients and members and ensures their comfort
- Ensures that the reception and common areas are tidy and welcoming
- Records incoming mail and distributes
- Maintains various electronic and paper filing systems
- Distributes faxes and emails, and organizes outgoing couriers and mail
- Provides general administrative support
- Coordinates bookings for the community gym, exercise room, and Council Chambers.
- Ensures Council Chambers are tidy and set up for meetings as required
- Maintains office equipment
Training, Education and Experience
- Grade 12 plus/or including computer skills and office administration training
- 1-2 years prior experience in office administration ideally within an Indigenous organization
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- First Aid Level 1/CPR certification desirable
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s license is desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent client service skills. Friendly, positive, responsive, professional and helpful.
- Well organized and proactive with strong time management skills.
- Ability to multi task with attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Well-developed office administration skills including filing, and computer skills including MS Office
- Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as working within a collaborative team framework
- Genuine respect for Prophet River First Nation culture and protocols
Submit your Resume, Cover Letter and a minimum of two (2) references either by email or drop off Attention:
Prophet River First Nation
Open until position filled.
Preference is given to members of Prophet River First Nation