Join instructor Curtis Dickie and mental health & wellness support Lynda Gwynn for Reclaiming My Language, a course to assist silent speakers to reclaim their language.
Silent speakers are people who have a good understanding of their language but do not speak it. There are various types of silent speakers, including:
- Those who spoke their language before attending residential school
- Individuals who grew up hearing and understanding their language, but do not speak it.
The course will last 10 weeks from October 26th to December 21st, hosted every Thursday from 5:00 – 8:00 PM at the school.
- The course utilizes Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Provides support tools and coaching
- Aims to help silent speakers reclaim their language.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy addresses the link between thoughts and behaviour and helps overcome unhelpful thoughts blocking language use.
- This course is trauma-informed but does not ask participants to share or disclose their trauma.
Instructor: Curtis Dickie
Mental Health and Wellness Support: Lynda Gwynn
For more information, please contact Leah Asher at email@example.com or 250-775-1180.