AttachieJe aa haanch’e!
Welcome to our newsletter. This has been an unusual summer for all of us. We’ve all been facing a truly unprecedented situation dealing with the global coronavirus pandemic. These times of uncertainty can be very stressful for everyone and we hope you are doing well.
We’re slowly re-opening our office but safety remains our top priority. This summer, many of our employees have been working remotely due to COVID-19 and travel restrictions. This shift has been relatively smooth, and we will continue to deliver the highest levels of service to the community.
During this time, we have been working diligently behind the scenes on several new initiatives that we plan to communicate and update regularly. This is the beginning of an ongoing dialogue and conversation with members as we work on our goals and objectives outlined in the Comprehensive Community Plan (CPP).
Some of these new initiatives that we are currently working on include:
- A new interactive web portal – Including an easy Trust Program Application process that we plan to launch in September.
- Hosting regularly scheduled Council meetings.
- Our new Paving Project is underway.
- School Initiatives – We’re now accepting new students.
- Community Shuttle – Our new community bus will provide community transport to and from Fort Nelson.
- The Lands Department is working on a new land management web tool, iPads for field recording and archival tools for digitizing historical materials.
- More Community Engagement Programs to follow!
Stay in touch with us:
Check our website for updates. Our new temporary website is ProphetRiverFirstNation.com.
Please create a login for yourself so you can stay on top of community news and updates.
We’ve posted any confidential community information behind the login. You will need an email and a password to create your profile. If you need any help logging in please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and look forward to hearing from you and seeing you soon! We’re very optimistic about our future as a community and we need to continue to work together. We will continue to share news and updates regularly.
Thank you for your continued support.
Wuujo aasana laaWe