Sikanni River Outfitting is proudly owned by Prophet River First Nation. The Nation strives to be a self-reliant culturally connected First Nation with proud, responsible, independent members; a clear, viable and environmentally responsible economic future for our citizens; and a healthy happy, drug and alcohol-free community that thrives on mutual respect, integrity, honesty and traditional cultural values.
Reports to the Guide Outfitter (while at Base Camp) or Assistant Guide (while at Out Camps). Our guiding territory is located at a remote wilderness camp in Northern British Columbia, Mile 171 Alaska Highway, Pink Mountain, BC. This is seasonal work during the hunting season.
- Feeding and care of the horses while in the field such as graining, tending to any injuries, hobbling in the evening, locating, and retrieving horses before breakfast.
- Helping with all packing and unpacking of pack horses, tacking and untacking all saddle horses.
- Expected to stay at camp to tend to horses, fence construction and repair, gathering and preparing daily firewood, and other tasks to improve the clients’ overall experience.
Training, Education and Experience
- Basic first aid training is desirable
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to take direction and execute with no supervision
- Being a team player is a must
- Able to work in a fast paced manner
- Able to think and work under pressure
- Able and willing to work alone with no supervision.
- Each Wrangler must come with, and keep in good repair their own gear including all proper seasonal clothing (boots, coats, hats, gloves, etc.)
- Able to live and carry heavy loads by hand
- Able and willing to work in all weather conditions in almost every season
- A strong recommendation that all Wranglers obtain and maintain current basic first aid training
Submit Resume, Cover Letter and a minimum of two (2) references either by email or drop off
Sikanni River Outfitting
Deadline to Apply – Open Until Filled
Preference is given to members of Prophet River First Nation